For the avoidance of doubt, Hydrogen Industry Leaders includes the following organisations:
- Peloton Events UK Ltd – Registered in England. Reg. no 10135467
Registered office: Riverside Building, New Bailey Street, Salford, M3 5FS
This policy is effective from 1 January 2022
- Which data do we collect?
When you submit a contact form or visit our website, we may collect the following personal information about you
- Your name;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Reasons for interest in Hydrogen Industry Leaders;
- Website browsing information, including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website (such as smart phones, laptops or desktops), as well as information about how you use our website.
We will not process any special categories of personal data.
- How do we use your data?
We will use this information for the following reasons:
- To send you news and updates about Hydrogen Industry Leaders;
- To invite you to our events;
- To administer and protect our website; and
- To deliver relevant website content to you by using data analytics helping to improve our website, products/services, customer relationships and experiences.
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we have collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for a new purpose, we will notify you.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In particular, we will:
- Seek for your consent to deliver news and updates about Hydrogen Industry Leaders and invite you to attend our events. Within our emails you will be given instructions explaining how to withdraw your consent or to opt-out from our mailing list at any time.
- Rely on our legitimate interest when processing and analysing our website browsing information.
We will not use your personal data in any automated decision making (making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement) or profiling (automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain conditions about an individual).
Cookies are small files saved to your device that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of our website. Cookies allow us to store your preferences to correctly present content, options or functions throughout your browsing session. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our website and what pages they tend to visit.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
- When will we share your data?
We will only share your personal information with the following sets of organisations:
- with our IT, database and hosting providers;
- with our professional advisors (including lawyers, banks, auditors and insurers);
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities, or;
- public authorities who make lawful requests for the disclosure of information we hold.
We require our third-party service providers to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We also take steps to ensure that any third-party service providers we use are contractually required to take appropriate measures to ensure compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.
We will not transfer the personal information we collect about you to the service providers located outside the UK, unless we ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection. We will take steps to ensure your privacy rights are protected and your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR, including by putting into place appropriate security measures.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- How long do we retain your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
- Controlling your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Peloton Events UK Ltd, Riverside Building, New Bailey Street, Salford, M3 5FSor email firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance to the Data Protection Legislation, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to find out whether we process any of your personal data and to receive a copy it.
- Request correction or completion of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object if you wish to opt-out from our mailing list.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive or we may refuse to comply with the request.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please write to Peloton Events UK Ltd, Riverside Building, New Bailey Street, Salford, M3 5FSor email email@example.com
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone number: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.